Five major tips to maximize your experience at a Bridal Show
Written by: Cylie Healy
One of the most important things to remember about being a bride is that everything takes time! All brides have a vision in their mind about what they want the big day to look like right? You have all the key points locked in, your dress, your shoes, what you want your hair to look like, what you want your bridesmaids to wear, maybe even what you want your makeup to look like, if you want to do a first look with your dad or even your future husband!
All of these little details that help make your big day everything you want it to be and more. They just seem so easy because you already know you, and know what you want! Shortly after becoming a bride to be you will quickly realize that no one told a few things about your vision as a little girl. There is so many more decisions you have to make other then the key points, all very time consuming decisions when one, you don’t know where to start, and two, your google search bar is all over the map. Don’t panic just yet, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, are you ready for the answer? Bridal Shows!
Everything and any decision you need to make for your day is under one roof in a single day! You’ve got your venues, your photographers, your entertainment, your bakers, your linens, your decor, your flowers, you’ve literally got it all! Amazing right? But how do you make the most of your experience in just a few hours on a single day with so much to think about? Don’t worry, were have five major helpful tips to share with you to make the most of your bridal show day!
1. Be prepared: Be completely prepared before even entering the doorway. Purchase your tickets online ahead of time to save you the headache of standing in line. Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes! It will be a fun day, but let’s face it, no fun memory has ever started with “that one time I wore high heels.”
2. Create a “wedding” email account: let’s face it, in today’s world and our wonderful modern day technology everything and anything revolves around email, unfortunately that includes spam. There are so many different wedding websites you can use for example theknot.com you can create a customized wedding email and website if you choose for your special day! After having such a great day planning your wedding, the last thing you want is to be getting constant spam emails!
3. Have a plan: Have a general idea of what your looking for, do a little bit of light research on all the vendors you are interested in, and pin point them on the map first! As well as, have a basic idea on some of the important details of your wedding, for example, your guest count! As minor as it sounds, that number plays a huge factor for a vendor. It will allow them to help give you as close to accurate information your asking for. Not only will these things save valuable time at the show, it will allow you to get to know the vendors you are specifically interested in to see if they are a good fit for you!
4. Bring a friend, or even friends: Invite your mother, maid of honor, and/or your bridesmaids! Bridal shows are an absolute blast for everyone! Playing a role on one of the biggest days of a special person in your life is so rewarding, but it doesn’t come easy! Allow them to help you make these tough decisions. It will take some weight off of you, and give some peace of mind having different opinions! Maybe your unsure of, or just don’t really know! Plus, everything is always more fun when you have a crowd!
5. Last but not least, wear your sticker: As simple and insignificant as it sounds, all Bridal shows will have a sticker at the entrance that will say who you are for example “bride”, “mother of the bride”, or “groom”. These will help vendors spot who is who in the group, and especially the bride, so the professionals can get to you as soon as possible!
These are just a few tips we wanted to share to hopefully help you have a starting point on planning your bridal show visit, and even more so get the most out of your time! Most importantly, have fun! After all, you are planning your wedding! One of the biggest and most important days of your life, it’s truly magical and you deserve to have some fun along the way!